Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

All of the things...ALL OF THEM

Can we just stop and reflect on something for a second?  In the last week:
  1. Snookie had a baby
  2. Michael Bay's Alien Ninja Turtles became an undeniable embarassment
    • Cyborg turtles, Shredder and The Foot being the US military, and 18 year old exes April and Casey...WTF 
  3. A hurricane that intensified AFTER it hit land
  4. MORE SHOOTINGS
    • Seriously, what is wrong with people
  5.  Some guy dressed up as Bigfoot and got hit by a car and died
    •  Kind of funny and his own fault
End of the world? You decide.

This week has been pretty nuts for me.

My girlfriend is still dying from her tonsillectomy, which progressively seems to be getting more painful for her everyday and makes me feel bad.  She just needs to get better soon, because Renn Faire is calling our name and I want some Turkey on a stick.  On a side note though, she can talk perfectly well, which I found to be quite surprising.  I always thought that when you had your tonsils taken out, your voice would be messed up until it healed.  Not the first time I've been wrong.

I had lunch with the lovely, and always awesome, Madeline Reynolds on Monday.  Catching up with her is almost a religious experience.  Every time that we go our separate ways again, we each say how much better we feel having caught up.  This time was great, because I got to hear all of her NYC stories and about her Indie film, Backwards, that's coming out in select cities on September 21st (Trailer here: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrf8xoQJ5Ms)).  I'm actually really happy that she's back home now, because that means that I can start filming some stuff again and use her AND my friend Cori (also an actress and five kinds of awesome). 

CPA review stuff started last night.  Surprisingly, I really enjoy the class.  It's four hours long, so it's kind of hard to just sit there that whole time, but the interactive aspect is helping me retain the information a lot better than I've been able to do on my own in the past.  God willing, I'll have this damn thing done by March.

Writing has been taking up most of my time.  This second draft of the novel has been a rush to work on.  I've changed so many elements of the story and improved upon what I already had to the point where I'm excited every time I start typing.  Once I cut about ten thousand words I started to get worried...but I've since added 13,000 words and I feel like there's going to be some more to add to that total.  I'm currently at 83,489 words.  I was at 81,323 in my first draft.  I'm only on Chapter 6 of 20.  This could end up being close to 90,000 words.  It's writing itself though and that's my favorite aspect of this.  It was alive before, but now it's really living.  If you haven't already, check out the excerpt on the Book of The Chosen page.

I really hope that the world isn't ending...because I'm so close to seeing this to fruition!!

No comments:

Post a Comment